[pmmail-list] piculiar problem

Tim Roberts pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Tue, 13 Apr 2004 14:52:47 -0700

--------------000705020701070704040909

Steve Wendt wrote:

>On Tue, 13 Apr 2004, Tim Roberts wrote:
>

>>E-mail addresses and domain names are not case-sensitive.
>>mrimpau<at>mindspring.com and MRimpau<at>MindSpring.COM are exactly the
>>same address.
>>

>Domain names are not case-sensitive, but user names can be... it all
>depends on how the receiving mail server handles it (most of them just
>convert the username to lowercase, but not all of them do).

I went to the RFCs to refute this, but I find that you are correct.  My
apologies.

--
- Tim Roberts, timr@probo.com
  Providenza & Boekelheide, Inc.

--------------000705020701070704040909

<head>
  <title></title>
</head>
Steve Wendt wrote:<br>
 type="cite">
  <pre wrap="">On Tue, 13 Apr 2004, Tim Roberts wrote:

  </pre>
    <pre wrap="">E-mail addresses and domain names are not case-sensitive.
mrimpau&lt;at&gt;mindspring.com and MRimpau&lt;at&gt;MindSpring.COM are exactly the
same address.
    </pre>
  <pre wrap=""><!---->
Domain names are not case-sensitive, but user names can be... it all
depends on how the receiving mail server handles it (most of them just
convert the username to lowercase, but not all of them do).</pre>
I went to the RFCs to refute this, but I find that you are correct.&nbsp; My
apologies.<br>
<pre class="moz-signature" cols="72">--
- Tim Roberts, <a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated" href="mailto:timr@probo.com">timr@probo.com</a>
  Providenza &amp; Boekelheide, Inc.