[pmmail-list] PMMail is (will become) OpenSource

Marc Lewis pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
06 Feb 2004 15:49:26 -0600

Hello all.

<On 27Jan2004 08:51 John Swartzentruber wrote a message regarding
[pmmail-list] PMMail is (will become) OpenSource  MALFORMED MESSAGE >

 > However like many internet users I never employ a MIME-compliant
 > client because I don't want all the html and virus cr** that comes
 > with it.

 JS> I think you will find that most worms and viruses are spread
 JS> using POP3 and SMTP, so you might also be wise to use a client
 JS> that isn't SMPT or POP3 compliant.

Well, without SMTP and POP3 you'll have to rely on MAPI, which IMO, is
far more dangerous.  Besides, I really don't see why the actual POP3
protocol would be responsible for spreading the worms.  MAPI would do
the very same, if I'm not mistaken.

But under OS/2, none of these worms amount to a hill of beans. :-)

Best regards,
Marc