[pmmail-list] "Deadlist"?

Blueprint Software pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Sat, 14 Feb 2004 10:47:41 -0500

On 13 Feb 2004 02:02:42 -0600, Marc Lewis wrote:

>message headers.  And from the lack of messages all of a sudden, I
>wouldn't be surprised if they had shut the list server down.  If
>anyone receives this please post some sort of response...  Many
>thanks!

Hello List,

The deadlist@ reference was an attempt on my part to filter bounced
messages to people still subscribed to the list, but with the
subscribed address no longer being active (was 100 or more messages a
day when the list was active). I have since made every effort in my
power to have this 'Bounce address' as the mail server calls it,
removed from the list. I have contacted our server admin to see if
there is anything that can be done (one of those options I was allowed
to change through web admin, but now can't change back). Not sure about
everyone else, but the from address for this list still shows up as
pmmail-list@... and the deadlist@ address is only listed when viewing
the full headers. Either way, I apologize for the confusion! For the
record,
there are no intentions of abandoning this list at any time in the
foreseeable future.

I am still with BSW and have never left. I continue to answer emails
daily on the support@blueprintsoftwareworks.com address. This list and
the forum online are provided as a means for users to discuss the
program and their experiences. Anyone requiring technical support is
and always has been asked to contact support@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
if other resources do not answer the question.

Development of PMMail at the moment is on hold. The OS/2 version will
be posted on SourceForge as soon as I receive the source code from the
developer. Development of the Windows version will resume when our
resources allow that. Unfortunately, I do not make that decision and
have been given no other information than later this year. I realize
that statement was made before, but I can only relay the information I
am given. My job here is to answer the support emails, maintain the
website, track bugs and feature requests and handle sales and
marketing. I have no role in the actual programming or decision making
about when work will be done on the source code, that is simply beyond
my control. I always pass questions along to the appropriate persons
when they arise, and I respond with the answer I receive. In this
respect, I see myself as the messenger and I kindly ask that you not
"shoot the messenger".

As I mentioned several months back, when there is news about the
development of PMMail, I would post that information. Believe it or
not, I was telling the truth and along those lines, there has been no
new information about PMMail since my last update. The release of the
OS/2 version to open source has been in the works for almost a month
and the final decision was made just over a week ago. I have requested
the source code from the programmer so that I can continue to move
forward with that, but have not received the code to this point. As
soon as I have it, it will be uploaded to SourceForge and we will be
looking for programmers willing to provide their expertise to the
project. Again, when I have information on that, it will be posted to
this list; I will also be updating the website with all of this
information once I have the source code and not having the source code
is the only reason that I haven't posted this information here sooner.

Not that this answers the questions that have been posted to this list
and not sent to the support address (even though the list has been
quite good about answering users questions), but hopefully it will
address the need for information about the current status of PMMail
and Blueprint Software Works. This list and the forums are a resource
for users of PMMail, let's please try and keep the negative comments
to a minimum. I understand the frustration, I use
PMMail on a daily basis and see every one of the bugs you do and I have
done and will continue to do my best to relay your requests and
comments to both the programmer and to the owner of BSW.

--
Brandon
PMMail 2000