[pmmail-list] Spell Check Dictionary

Andrew Webber pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Sat, 14 Feb 2004 17:06:48 -0500

On Fri, 13 Feb 2004 10:17:34 -0800, Tim Roberts wrote:

>GoDaddy.com has a feature where it will suggest alternative
>domain names when the one you want is taken.  When
>tim-roberts.com was taken, it actually included
>"tim-roberts-is-an-asshole.com" among its suggestions.
>I suspect this is some kind of automated pattern
>recognition gone awry, but it ticked me off.

Actually I think it's the opposite.  It's been a few years since
they introduced this, but as I recall it's designed as a protective
thing, that when you register "mycorporation.com" it offers up a
whole slew of potential hater names that you might want to grab at
the same time.  If you were Microsoft, say, you might want to
prevent disgruntled customers from taking microsoft-sucks.com,
microsoft-sux.com, microsoft-stinks.com,
microsoft-is-an-a**hole.com, etc., etc.

At least that's my recollection.  I can't find anything on their
site though.

andrew [awebber@wwwebbers.com]
ph 613-797-8123
fx 831-300-4097
------
For PGP public key, send email with "send public key" as subject