[pmmail-list] "Deadlist"?

Marc Lewis pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
16 Feb 2004 11:54:21 -0600

Hello all.

<On 14Feb2004 09:47 Blueprint Software wrote a message regarding
[pmmail-list] "Deadlist"? >

 BS> Not sure about everyone else, but the from address for this list
 BS> still shows up as pmmail-list@... and the deadlist@ address is
 BS> only listed when viewing the full headers.

No, here it shows up as the from address.  I had to make some
configuration changes in filtering to capture the list as a separate
message area (as it had been all along.)

 BS> For the record, there are no intentions of abandoning this list
 BS> at any time in the foreseeable future.

Good, though I was ready to "throw the switch" on the list server here
to potentially host the list at my mail machine.

 BS> Development of PMMail at the moment is on hold.

Why?  Without being too specific, if the company's going broke or in
other dire straits why not say something?  You'd do a lot better in
keeping the customers satisfied that at least BSW is doing
_something_.

 BS> The OS/2 version will be posted on SourceForge as soon as I
 BS> receive the source code from the developer. Development of the
 BS> Windows version will resume when our resources allow that.

That's precisely what worries me.  I paid the license for two
versions.  Now one's potentially dead in the water and the other is
abandonware being released to, essentially, the public domain as
freeware.  The prior commitments/promises were not met/kept.

 BS> in this respect, I see myself as the messenger and I kindly ask
 BS> that you not "shoot the messenger".

You are, however, the paid representative of the company that has
defaulted on its commitments.  You should be prepared to deal with
some of the ire your employer has elicited.

 BS> but hopefully it will address the need for information about the
 BS> current status of PMMail and Blueprint Software Works.

Partially.

 BS> I use PMMail on a daily basis and see every one of the bugs you
 BS> do

As do I.  But what e-mail program do you suppose the programmer and
owner uses? Eudora?  Outlook?  LotusNotes?

 BS> and I have done and will continue to do my best to relay your
 BS> requests and comments to both the programmer and to the owner of
 BS> BSW.

Thank you.

Best regards,
Marc