[pmmail-list] "Deadlist"?

Lynn H. Maxson pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Mon, 16 Feb 2004 10:20:25 -0800 (PST)

Marc Lewis writes:
"...That's precisely what worries me.  I paid the license for two
versions.  Now one's potentially dead in the water and the
other is abandonware being released to, essentially, the public
domain as freeware.  The prior commitments/promises were
not met/kept. ..."

I look forward to having an open source version of PMMail
available.  That offers us an opportunity to enhance as well
as continue the use of a product that dominates my use of the
internet.  I see no reason why that cannot include support for
Windows as well.  We've all been victimized by the heavy
hand of Microsoft, even those who don't realize their status
and those who really don't care.

To have reality overcome intent with an ISP doesn't change
what they would like to commit to, only what they are able
to do so.  I don't hold it against someone for a situation over
which they have no control.  Different people react to stress
in different ways.

In this instance I prefer the opportunity of open source to no
opportunity at all.  It at least offers the possibility of a
headstart in any effort to catch up.