[pmmail-list] Hopeless lack of security in PMMail

Kenn Yuill pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Tue, 06 Jan 2004 21:56:16 -0500 (EST)

Hello John,
  This is my reply to your message, sent to pmmail-list.
On 2004-01-05 at 22:40:51, a message from John Bridges stated:

 VERY FRUSTRATING using software that is not having even trivially
simple to
 fix problems like this fixed.

If you are not dismayed by a Java program, Polarbar Mailer works with
JRE 1.1.8 to 1.4.x and an older version of PGP, according to this
statement on its support list from Robert Mahoney on 2004.01.05.

"Polarbar's PGP only works with PGP 2.6.x (RFC 1991).  If you are using
later version of PGP (RFC 2440), Polarbar will not work with it."

I don't know the particular reason why versions of PGP above 2.6.x are
not supported at this time.  I do know that Polarbar needs ~80 MB of
memory if the total number of messages on file is ~10K or more.

Ciao,
      Kenn
  Always act as if life is a joyous journey. - Kenn Yuill
   Warp 4/FP15 Java 1.18 PMMail/2 2.2 Demo. gLinks 2.1
    Posted from The Beautiful Ottawa Valley, Ontario, Canada
               - A Thought for Today -
When I do things without any explanation,
 but just with spontaneity...
I can be sure that I am right.
   - Federico Fellini