[pmmail-list] Leaving PMMail for Thunderbird

Massimo @ eCS . it pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Thu, 08 Jan 2004 23:27:23 +0100

John Swartzentruber wrote:
> Tim Roberts wrote:
>
>> Well, folks, after a 5-year run with PMMail, I find that I can no
>> longer put up with the inferior (and unchanging) support for valid
>> MIME structures and reasonably formatted e-mail.  I'm switching today
>> to Thunderbird.  Even though it is only at version 0.4, it is already
>> a winner, as far as I can tell.  My only complains are with
>> performance, and that will only improve as time goes on.  Plus, it is
>> available in source form, so I can fix the things that drive me nuts!
>

> I'm in the process of switching over. One of my complaints (in addition
> to performance) is that it looks like the accounts are ordered according
> to the order they are created. Has anyone figured out a way to re-order
> the accounts? I've got a hunch I could do it by editing the prefs.js
> file, but that looks like a bad idea and wouldn't be trivial. It seems
> there has to be a better way, but I can't find it.
>
> I've got all of my messages converted, but I still need to work on the
> address book. The Python script you (Tim) posted crashes for some reason
> after only a handful or so of  entries.

i bounced hundreds of thousands of emails from pmmail back to thunderbird, i also manually
edited the address book imported into thunderbird..

Massimo S.
- eCS Irc Network
- irc.ecomstation.it  6667
- channels:  #eCS  #eCSita