[pmmail-list] PM Mail Version 2.10.1999 Having Problem sending to Microsoft Exchange Receipent.

Don Buska pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Thu, 15 Jan 2004 10:24:17 -0600 (CST)

In the past month our Singapore office branch has done some changes to their email
system.  Now when I reply or send mail to their new address it bounces back.  Those
WIN users running Outlook don't have a problem.  Only me and my WARP 4 FP 15 box.

Here is the text from the bounce:

Jesslin Tan LK on Thu, 15 Jan 2004 05:40:33 -0800
    The recipient name is not recognized
	The MTS-ID of the original message is: c=us;a= ;p=advantest
intern;l=AAI_MAIL0401151340CWXJBK80
    MSEXCH:IMS:Advantest International:America:AAI_MAIL 0 (000C05A6)
Unknown Recipient

The email address this was sent to was Jesslin.Tan.LK@**.advantest.com

The ** was some letters which I have removed for this email as I don't want people
sending test messages to that address.  My guess is that MSEXCH has made some changes
that may not be supported by PM MAIL.  Has anyone encountered this?  I've been a
PMMAIL user from pretty much the beginning and would very much prefer not to change.

I also tried to email using PMMAIL 2000 on a WIN98 laptop and get the same error.
Outlook 2000 on the same laptop does not bounce.  I also tried mailing from Mozilla
for OS/2 (Ver 1.4) and it also bounced!

Am I at the end of PM Mails life for practical use in my environment (the MS WORLD)?

Regards,

Don