[pmmail-list] ASMTP Sends [Was: SASL-travelling salesman problem]

Carl Gehr pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Fri, 16 Jan 2004 01:12:27 -0500 (EST)

On Thu, 15 Jan 2004 19:36:35 -0800 (PST), Steve Wendt wrote:

>Latest versions of PMMail on both OS/2 and Windoze support SMTP
>authentication, although I'm not entirely sure if that covers what you are looking
>for.  Maybe you have a reason to finally upgrade 1.96!

Steve,

Can you, please, be more specific about how PMMail/2 supports SMTP
authentication?  Is this the same as ASMTP?  If so, where/how do I
specify it?  Do I just put the server name [e.g., asmtp.attglobal.net
rather than smtp.attglobal.net?]

I see where I can specify authentication for an APOP server on the SEND
tab.  But I do not see an equivalent for SMTP.

Thanks,
Carl