[pmmail-list] SASL-travelling salesman problem

Carl Gehr pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Fri, 16 Jan 2004 01:16:08 -0500 (EST)

On Fri, 16 Jan 2004 09:17:22 +0700, Dr. Jeffrey Race wrote:

>Sometimes I travel to locations where there is no ATTGLOBAL.NET node
>so have difficulty sending SMTP mail.   To solve this problem a
>friend has offered to set up an account for which my mail client
>must be SASL-enabled.
>
>Does any version of PMMail support this?  (Prefer OS/2 but I also
>have a Win license.)  If not, what are my alternatives; does
>Thunderbird support?
>
>Friend also adds:  "Prefer you use CRAM-MD5 or DIGEST-MD5 but if
>your mail client doesn't support password encryption use PLAIN."
>I remain innocent of any knowledge of these terms and would
>appreciate explanation and guidance.   I am very keen to enable
>outgoing SMTP mail capability while I am on the road so want to
>educate myself about the technical and practical possibilities.
>
>Jeffrey Race

Jeffrey,

While I do not like it, and would consider it only for a short period,
have you considered WebMail on the ATTGlobal Web site?  With this, as
long as you can get to the Web via any connection, you can get/send
mail.  As I understand it, all of the inbound/outbound mail that you
want to keep can be retrieved when you finally do get back to a
location where you can use PMMail.

Carl