[pmmail-list] PMMail and The Bat!

Warner Young pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Sun, 18 Jan 2004 11:34:59 -0800

Hi Martin,

I've just done this recently.  Email messages convert quite easily, as someone else already pointed out.

The only real trouble I had at first was with the address book.  I'm sure there's a better way to do this, but what I finally did was to create a fake address book entry in PMMail, where each field was actually the name of the field.  So, for example, for "Email address", I entered "email@address.com", and for "Real name" I entered "RealName", and so on.  Then I exported the address book to a .csv file.

I loaded the .csv file in WordPad and edited it so the fake entry was the first line.  TB! uses the first line to figure out what each field is.  After that, you can just tell TB! to import from a comma-separated file.  It will show you a dialog that asks you what each field in the csv file corresponds to in its own internal format.  Then you're done.

Other than that, I do want to mention that TB! version 2.x is still rather buggy.  There are a good number of odd quirks in how it handles things as well.  But even with these problems, it is still better than the current PMMail.  I converted to TB! for a trial run for about a month, and finally just switched completely.

-Warner