[pmmail-list] PMMail and Others (The Bat!) ...

Warner Young pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Mon, 19 Jan 2004 13:07:34 -0800

Monday, January 19, 2004, 11:47:58 AM, Steve Quarrella wrote:

S> Hello Gregory,

S> Sunday, January 18, 2004, 4:25:23 PM, you wrote:

GLM>> Has anyone taken a look at Courier from RoseCity Software ?
GLM>> Direct URL is: http://www.rosecitysoftware.com/courier

S> I agree with Tim that the "one file" principle is a major drawback,
S> but I use a few of their other products, and I find that they're
S> fairly solid and well-supported.

GLM>> I've tried many other win32 mail clients and they just rub me the wrong way.
GLM>> I think PMMail spoiled me with the simple elegance of its user interface.

S> Indeed.  I AM missing this in The Bat!, and oddly, there's a thread
S> going on on TB!'s support list about sprucing up the interface with
S> add-ons.
S> - pmmail-list - The PMMail Discussion List

On the other hand, the ability to change many (though not yet all) of the shortcut keys in The Bat! to whatever you prefer is very nice.  And their new View Modes feature is somethat that Outlook has had for years, but is (in my opinion) sorely needed on a lot of applications.

Finally, if you need to do use non-English languages in your email, particularly double-byte Asian languages, The Bat! is way better than PMMail.  Thunderbird's support is better yet, but I really need a Remote Control-like feature (or Dispatch Mail in The Bat!), which Thunderbird doesn't have.

-Warner