[pmmail-list] PMMail and The Bat!

Steve Quarrella pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Tue, 20 Jan 2004 18:28:02 -0600

Hello Ralph,

RC> Thanks, Tim.  I also checked out the newgroups on Google but couldn't
RC> find any mention of problems with a corrupt file in Bat! more recent
RC> than 4 years ago.

The Bat! basically puts your mail into a collection of little files. I
prefer the flat format of PMMail, but I find this a little more
acceptable than Outlook Express's way of handling things. Furthermore,
to touch on what you said above, yes, there are instances of strange
behaviour/corruption being reported on TB!'s mailing list, but the
replies I've seen thus far deal with folks who don't do much in the
way of maintenance on their message bases.  They delete, never
compress, and the things get so big that they run into trouble.  The
Bat! has check boxes that'll let you automagically purge deleted
messages and then compress the message bases on exit, if you so
desire.