[pmmail-list] PMMail and The Bat!

Chris Colijn pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Wed, 21 Jan 2004 10:18:46 +0100

Hello,

I used Calypso for 6 years with three people in my house and now Courier3.=
 This program puts everything in one big file of several 100s of Mb's. I=
 have had 1 problem with an unreadable file. But as always if you do your=
 backup and maintenance + with the repair capability of the program it=
 self, I think I have lesser problems as lots of other people.=
 Statistically I lost 3 mails in 6 years? The advantage for me is bigger=
 then f.i. the loss of disk space by the number of small files and=
 flexibility for using it on other computers. When I go on holiday days=
 with my laptop for instance. And it works for me the way I want.

Chris Colijn

On 20-1-2004 at 18:28 Steve Quarrella wrote:

>Hello Ralph,
>
>Tuesday, January 20, 2004, 2:43:23 PM, you wrote:
>
>RC> Thanks, Tim.  I also checked out the newgroups on Google but couldn't
>RC> find any mention of problems with a corrupt file in Bat! more recent
>RC> than 4 years ago.
>
>The Bat! basically puts your mail into a collection of little files. I
>prefer the flat format of PMMail, but I find this a little more
>acceptable than Outlook Express's way of handling things. Furthermore,
>to touch on what you said above, yes, there are instances of strange
>behaviour/corruption being reported on TB!'s mailing list, but the
>replies I've seen thus far deal with folks who don't do much in the
>way of maintenance on their message bases.  They delete, never
>compress, and the things get so big that they run into trouble.  The
>Bat! has check boxes that'll let you automagically purge deleted
>messages and then compress the message bases on exit, if you so
>desire.
>

>- pmmail-list - The PMMail Discussion List ---------------------------
>To POST to the list, send your message to:
>pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com

>with the first line of the message body being...

Om mijn ADSL zo goed mogelijk te benutten gebruik ik MSNmessgener=
 (cccolijn@hotmail.com) of AOL (ChrisColijn) en Skype (www.skype.com)=
 ccolijn.

Oude schoolvrienden vinden? www.schoolbank.nl

Wilt U bevestiging van ontvangst van U email, email dan naar=
 c.colijn@tiscali.nl

Mijn imode email : cco@imail.nl

www.infobel.com telefoonboek voor de hele wereld.

Jelle in memoriam 18-06-1997 -  18-06-2002=
  http://www.colijn.111.nl/page5.html

Mail to  c.colijn@tiscali.nl met ontvangst bevestiging.
           ccolijn@tiscali.nl
           C.Colyn@hccnet.nl