[pmmail-list] help with 0spam

Ralph Cohen pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Sat, 24 Jan 2004 04:39:49 -0500

Hi Marty,

I took a quick look at the 0spam website and the way it appears to work
is that instead of retrieving email directly from your POP mail
account, you get it instead through an 0spam POPaccount.  When you go
to retrieve email from your 0spam account, 0spam logs on to your "real"
POP account, downloads all the emails, diverts any that haven't been
entered into your whitelist into a Junkmail folder and passes the rest
on to you.  You have up to 14 days to review any messages diverted to
the Junkmail folder before they are automatically deleted.  So, the
reason you need to provide 0spam with your current POP mail address and
login info is for 0spam to be able to retrieve your email from that POP
account.  The reason you need to change your POP address in PMMail to
the new one provided by 0spam, is so you can get the filtered email
from the POP account set up for you by 0spam.

The IP 127.0.0.1 is a non-routable internal address that refers to your
own computer.  Unless you are running your own mail server, I'm not
sure why you would be using that address.  Perhaps someone else here
can help with that.  While a POP mail address can be in the form of an
IP address, it is often in the form of 'pop.aol.com' or
'mail.home.net'.

Setting up a whitelist filter is very easy to do with PMMail and can
give you much more control over your accounts.  Let us know if you need
some help.

Ralph Cohen