[pmmail-list] help with 0spam

Dean Boulding pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Sat, 24 Jan 2004 17:29:58 +0700

Marty, I'm wondering if you're already running POPFile?  I am, and it
requires 127.0.0.1 as the POP3 address, but then in the user account
section prepends the server and a colon to your email account name.

I use POPFile for spam filtering, and it does a great job on the 80 - 90%
of my mail which is spam these days.  Obviously, you don't need both
POPFile and 0spam, so if you are running POPFile and want to switch to
0spam, I or others here could certainly help you change the settings.
Right now, however, I don't know why your system is set up the way it is.
I personally am reluctant to use whitelist filtering at the moment, FWIW,
but it may be the only way to go in the future.

Cheers,

Dean

---------------- snip-----------

|The IP 127.0.0.1 is a non-routable internal address that refers to your
|own computer.  Unless you are running your own mail server, I'm not
|sure why you would be using that address.  Perhaps someone else here
|can help with that.  While a POP mail address can be in the form of an
|IP address, it is often in the form of 'pop.aol.com' or
|'mail.home.net'.

|- pmmail-list - The PMMail Discussion List ---------------------------
|To POST to the list, send your message to:
|pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com

|with the first line of the message body being...

Dean Boulding, Jennifer Crocker, and kids
Jakarta Indonesia