[pmmail-list] How to modify text in a received message?

Marty Rimpau pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Sat, 03 Jul 2004 16:18:18 -0700

--_=_=_=IMA.BOUNDARY.HTML_0735484=_=_=_

Hi, what about opening up a new message, editing it, and copying it to
the clip board, and sending it as a new message to the person you wish?

On Sat, 3 Jul 2004 11:44:38 -0700, timr@probo.com wrote:

>On Fri, Jul 02, 2004 at 09:50:23AM -0500, Larry Alkoff wrote:
>> I would like to know how to modify text in a received message?
>>
>> I used to be able to do this easily by
>> 1. Use PMMail to move message to an empty folder - makes it easy to find.
>> 2. edit the message file.
>> 3.  Use PMMail to move it back.
>>
>> This isn't working in PMMail Prof 2000 2717 for Windows 98SE.
>>
>> After the edit, my added text is clearly in the file but doesn't show up
>> either in the preview pane or by opening the message.
>> I was careful to edit it with a program that does not keep backups
>> so I don't know where the old text comes from.
>
>Is is possible the message is multipart/alternative with both a text/plain
>and a text/html section?  If you modify the human-readable text in
>text/plain, it won't have any affect on PMMail's preview, which shows
>the text/html part.
>--
>- Tim Roberts, timr@probo.com
>  Providenza & Boeklheide, Inc.
>- pmmail-list - The PMMail Discussion List ---------------------------
>To POST to the list, send your message to:
>pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com

>with the first line of the message body being...

Marty

--_=_=_=IMA.BOUNDARY.HTML_0735484=_=_=_

<HTML>

<FONT FACE="MS Sans Serif" DEFAULT="FACE"><FONT SIZE="1" POINTSIZE="8" DEFAULT="SIZE">Hi, what about opening up a new message, editing it, and copying it to the clip board, and sending it as a new message to the person you wish?  <BR>

On Sat, 3 Jul 2004 11:44:38 -0700, <FONT COLOR=0000ff><U>timr@probo.com<FONT COLOR=000000 DEFAULT="COLOR"></U> wrote:<BR>

<BR>

&gt;On Fri, Jul 02, 2004 at 09:50:23AM -0500, Larry Alkoff wrote:<BR>

&gt;&gt; I would like to know how to modify text in a received message?<BR>

&gt;&gt; <BR>

&gt;&gt; I used to be able to do this easily by<BR>

&gt;&gt; 1. Use PMMail to move message to an empty folder - makes it easy to find.<BR>

&gt;&gt; 2. edit the message file.<BR>

&gt;&gt; 3.  Use PMMail to move it back.<BR>

&gt;&gt; <BR>

&gt;&gt; This isn't working in PMMail Prof 2000 2717 for Windows 98SE.<BR>

&gt;&gt; <BR>

&gt;&gt; After the edit, my added text is clearly in the file but doesn't show up<BR>

&gt;&gt; either in the preview pane or by opening the message.<BR>

&gt;&gt; I was careful to edit it with a program that does not keep backups<BR>

&gt;&gt; so I don't know where the old text comes from.<BR>

&gt;<BR>

&gt;Is is possible the message is multipart/alternative with both a text/plain<BR>

&gt;and a text/html section?  If you modify the human-readable text in<BR>

&gt;text/plain, it won't have any affect on PMMail's preview, which shows <BR>

&gt;the text/html part.<BR>

&gt;-- <BR>

&gt;- Tim Roberts, <FONT COLOR=0000ff><U>timr@probo.com<FONT COLOR=000000 DEFAULT="COLOR"></U><BR>

&gt;  Providenza & Boeklheide, Inc.<BR>

&gt;- pmmail-list - The PMMail Discussion List ---------------------------<BR>

&gt;To POST to the list, send your message to:<BR>

&gt;<FONT COLOR=0000ff><U>pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com<FONT COLOR=000000 DEFAULT="COLOR"></U><BR>

&gt;<BR>

&gt;with the first line of the message body being...<BR>

&gt;<BR>

<BR>

</HTML>

<HTML>
<LEFT>
<FONT FACE="MS Sans Serif" COLOR="#000001" SIZE="1" POINTSIZE="8" DEFAULT="ALL">
Marty<br>
</HTML>

--_=_=_=IMA.BOUNDARY.HTML_0735484=_=_=_--