[pmmail-list] How to modify text in a received message?

pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Sat, 3 Jul 2004 11:44:38 -0700

On Fri, Jul 02, 2004 at 09:50:23AM -0500, Larry Alkoff wrote:
> I would like to know how to modify text in a received message?
>
> I used to be able to do this easily by
> 1. Use PMMail to move message to an empty folder - makes it easy to find.
> 2. edit the message file.
> 3.  Use PMMail to move it back.
>
> This isn't working in PMMail Prof 2000 2717 for Windows 98SE.
>
> After the edit, my added text is clearly in the file but doesn't show up
> either in the preview pane or by opening the message.
> I was careful to edit it with a program that does not keep backups
> so I don't know where the old text comes from.

Is is possible the message is multipart/alternative with both a text/plain
and a text/html section?  If you modify the human-readable text in
text/plain, it won't have any affect on PMMail's preview, which shows
the text/html part.
--
- Tim Roberts, timr@probo.com
  Providenza & Boeklheide, Inc.