[pmmail-list] PMMail hanging

Gary DiPillo pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Mon, 12 Jul 2004 09:11:38 -0400 (EDT)

Dave,

I have seen the same thing happen if two accounts are fetching at the
same time and both accounts use the bogofilter on the incoming mail.  I
ended up having one account fetch on open and the other fetch after
three minutes to avoid the overlap.

Regards,
Gary DiPillo

On Mon, 12 Jul 2004 08:29:59 +0100 (BST), Dave Saville wrote:

>Think I have found why PMM hangs sometimes.
>
>It *seems* to be double invocation of filters/REXX. Something, I
>would suspect, is not thread safe.
>
>I have a REXX incoming hook doing amongst other things bogofilter.
>Those who use bogofilter with PMM will know that there are also some
>manual filters that train as spam/not spam.
>
>If the incoming hook is running *and* you kick of a "train as *"
>manual filter PMM *forgets* about the incoming hook processing - the
>hook runs to completion but PMM never sees it return.
>
>--
>Regards
>
>Dave Saville
>
>- pmmail-list - The PMMail Discussion List ---------------------------
>To POST to the list, send your message to:
>pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com

>with the first line of the message body being...

Axios Products, Inc.
support@axiosproducts.com
631-979-0100 x133