[pmmail-list] PMMail hanging & PMBogofilter

Stanley Sidlov pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Mon, 12 Jul 2004 09:44:10 -0400 (EDT)

On Mon, 12 Jul 2004 08:29:59 +0100 (BST), Dave Saville wrote:

>Think I have found why PMM hangs sometimes.
>
>It *seems* to be double invocation of filters/REXX. Something, I
>would suspect, is not thread safe.

This is absolutely true. I have multiple email accounts with automated retrieve. One acct will stall and the last started
retrieval will complete. What's worse is the "delete email" portion of the process is not done until the end (no matter
what it says in the status box) and you can end up retrieving multiple copies of the same message.

Now that I have used PMBogofilter for 7 or more months, I am beginning to find that these filters are starting to fail
due to all the random word spam. I must check the Bogo folder for misfiled email. More spam is ending up in my
inbox.

To make this point even more clear, Brightmail is used by one of my ISPs, and it also uses Baynesean filtering. I
am getting a increasing amount of notice that I am not even receiving some email due to this process.