[pmmail-list] Firefox and PMMail

John Angelico pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Mon, 19 Jul 2004 10:01:48 +1000 (AEST)

On Sun, 18 Jul 2004 09:01:23 -0400, lists@blueprintsoftwareworks.com wrote:

Hi Bill and Tim.

>Date: Sat, 17 Jul 2004 17:36:36 -0400
>From: "Bill Seward" <brseward@bellsouth.net>
>Subject: Re: [pmmail-list] FireFox and pmmail
>

>--_=_=_=IMA.BOUNDARY.HTML_5982360=_=_=_
>
>Sorry let me go into more detail.
>
>I am trying to get pmmail when I hit the control and  x keys to open
>in >propeties >editor
>as the browser to open

This sounds like you are trying to get Firefox to automatically invoke PMMail
for mailto: which I don't think it supports.

I use the OS/2 versions and the trick is to have PMMail minimised, use RMB in
Firefox to copy email address then go to PMMail and start a new email, paste
address, then type message.

This also saves me from forcing my browser to cc my own email address just so
my mailer has a copy of the outgoing email.

>Editor: C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\IEXPLORE.EXE
>arguments:  C:\Program Files\Blueprint Software Works\PMMail 2000\%s
>this in place
>Editor: C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe
>firefox doesn't work for me..

BUT this sounds like you want to invole Firefox from a link in PMMail which I
have succeeded in doing... sorta!

Again, I am using the OS/2 version of both so YMMV.

In PMMail Settings I have
Default Web Browser: C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe [well, my
equivalent]
Arguments: %s
Type: OS/2 PM

When I RMB a link and choose "Explore URL" it invokes a separate copy of
Firefox only because I haven't figured out how to get PMMail to recognise the
running copy and drop it into a new tab. The Settings section "Use DDE" seems
to be ignored, or that bit of code seems to not find Firefox.

HTH

Best regards
John Angelico
OS/2 SIG