[pmmail-list] PmMail hanging

Dave Saville pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Mon, 14 Jun 2004 15:17:14 +0100 (BST)

In the past PMMail has often hung on me with "getting message n of m"
at the bottom. Stopping and restarting PMM a) always gets past it and
b) m has increased somewhat during the hang. I put this down to my
ISP doing *something*.

Recently I switched all my incoming mail to do so via weasel - Guess
what? - PMM still hangs. It has just done it twice in the last half
hour.

Does weasel have anything that I can turn on to narrow this down? Not
that PMM will ever get fixed of course :-( But if I knew what to look
for  I could put a log through a pipe and try and detect the
situation.

Ye gods how long does it take to stuff a few files of C onto
Sourceforge?

--
Regards

Dave Saville