[pmmail-list] PmMail hanging

Mark Paulus pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Mon, 14 Jun 2004 11:01:43 -0600

You should be able to 'telnet' to your pop server
(telnet your.mailserver.com 110).  Then use the
commands 'user' and 'pass'
(user youruserid
pass yourpoppassword')
>From there, you can actually dump the offending message
and see if there are any funny characters in the message.
If there are, you can use the remote control to delete that
message.

(use 'list' command to see all messages,
use 'top message# 10' to see header,
use 'retr message#' to see the entire message,
use 'quit' to get out of mailbox)

I have run into a situation where someone sent me a
mal-formed message that pmmail didn't like, and it would
always hang.  deleting that message via remote-control
allowed me to start processing again.