[pmmail-list] PMMail/2 and Norman Virus Control

Koen pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Mon, 15 Mar 2004 20:41:50 +0100 (CET)

On Mon, 15 Mar 2004 12:01:00 -0500 (EST), Carl Gehr wrote:

>Is there a simple way to cause Norman VC to automatically scan only
>inbound E-Mail messages to PMMail/2?

Under OS/2 I created a filter that invokes a (borrowed) filter script, which
starts Norman when there is a mail with an attachment or message is in html.
When the mail is infected, the message is moved to a particular subdirectory
and deleted in Inbox.

/borrowed script/
/* filter script */
PARSE ARG messagefile namefile
'X:\Norman\Nvc\Bin\Nvcc.exe /CP /C /N /U 'messagefile
IF RC = 1 THEN
DO
lastbackslash = LASTPOS( '\',messagefile )
lengthname    = LENGTH( messagefile )
filename      = RIGHT( messagefile, lengthname - lastbackslash )
PARSE VAR filename name '.' extension
'copy 'messagefile' X:\...\PMMAIL\TDN0069.ACT\Virus0.FLD\'name'.MSG'
'erase 'messagefile''
EXIT 3
END
ELSE
EXIT 0
/END borrowed script/

The script is saved as filtervirus.cmd.
In the filter settings under Actions choose User hook (background) and a
reference to filtervirus.cmd
To make the infected mail visible, I have to Re-Index the subdirectory.

Thanks to John Bijnens.
http://www.os2ezine.com/20020216/page_7.html

Regards
Koen