[pmmail-list] what is the headers file folder for in account?

Marty Rimpau pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Sun, 21 Mar 2004 09:03:42 -0800

Hi all, what are the headers for in the .act file folder of pm mail?  I
thought they'd deal with the address book, but when I checked the
number in the file folder against the address book, it said 456, but
there were only 447 addresses in the address book.  The reason why I'm
asking this question is, that I installed Norton 2004 nearly 3 weeks
ago, and would get error check error log messages when it would try and
fetch messages from the server, yet, with Norton email totally
disabled, it says error 10061 could not connect, and don't know why
this is, but I wonder if it has to do with possibly, Norton taking up
too much memory, and causing pm mail not to work correctly?  When I get
the error 10061 messages, they don't show up in the error log, but with
email scanning enabled, preferably, incoming email scanning, as I have
had no trouble sending messages, just receiving them, and it seems this
error occurs when I have large numbers of messages to download, and I
usually will get the error 10061 messages on the next attempt after the
initial fetching of mail.  I did notice that Norton 2004 put 6 extra
things in ms config, and I wonder which of those things I can safely
disable and still have it be operational?  I know these error 10061
messages are not caused by kerio personal firewall, because I disabled
that, and even went so far as to reinstall pm mail version 2717, and
the firewall, but don't know what is causing these error 10061
messages, that say error check error log when Norton email scanning is
enabled.  I was using Norton 2001 before, and under that program, you
had to use the local port 127.0.0.1 to receive mail, but starting with
Norton 2002, I do believe, the program recognized pm mail as an email
client, but in Norton 2004, don't know where to find any advanced
options in the click on email page.  I'm using Norton 2004, windows 98
se, a 400 megs processor, with 192 megs of ram, and pm mail version
2717, and if there is a file called drop, or something like that, which
I can delete, which might correct this problem, please let me know.  I
find it very hard to believe that the server at mind spring would be
having this much trouble, and with Norton email scanning enabled, I
would have gotten 5 error check error log messages in a row, as pm mail
couldn't fetch for 10 minutes this morning, and I've not been on line
that long.  Somebody please help.

Marty