[pmmail-list] Problem with attachments

Andrew Webber pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Wed, 24 Mar 2004 22:13:34 -0500

I've downloaded a newer version but as you can see I'm still
running .2360 on my new notebook now under WinXP.

I'd like to clear up this problem before I migrate to the newer
version.

Earlier today I received from a fellow project-member, an email
with attachment "SystemDesign_v01.doc" (Word document).  No
problem, it's expected and it opens fine.

A few minutes ago I received an email from a real estate agent.
It's an HTML file (yeah yeah I know but that's how she sends them
and I'm not going to argue) of a listing and it opens fine when I
launch into IE.  The email purports to have four attachments:
Photo000000.JPG, PhotoMembre.JPG, cigm_logo.gif, and
SystemDesign_v01.doc!!

Each of the graphic attachments launches into PhotoPaint with no
problem.  The supposed Word doc doesn't open, Word reports there's
no file converter available.  I saved to disk and it reports as 669
bytes.

I'm sure this happened a few days ago with another email.

Can anyone suggest what's going on?  I don't know yet if this email
was supposed to have four attachments or three.

Thanks!

andrew [awebber@wwwebbers.com]
ph 613-797-8123
fx 831-300-4097
------
For PGP public key, send email with "send public key" as subject