[pmmail-list] Attachment-stripper utility?

Carl Gehr pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Thu, 25 Mar 2004 13:52:09 -0500 (EST)

On Thu, 25 Mar 2004 12:48:54 -0500, Andrew Webber wrote:

>And seriously, is there any other way to do it?  I'm sure I've seen
>"bounce it to yourself without the attachment" advised before but
>can't do that and keep the original sender info.

Good News and Bad News:

Good News:
Bounce will keep the original sender.

Bad News:
It will NOT delete the attachment!  Now, possibly you could write a
filter that would remove the attachment from any bounced message.  You
could, for example, key on:
	h.Resent-From
and check for your ID to validate that YOU are really the one that did
the bouncing.

BUT, I would still recommend the Stripper, 'cause it will keep the
indication in the message that the file was originally there, but the
length of the attached file will be zero.

The message list will still show he length of the original
message+attachment.  At least, it does for me.  I have heard that, if
the stripping is done with PMMail closed, that length will be set to
zero also.  But, I've never bothered to close PMMail to see.  It's just
too much of a bother for me.  I send/receive a lot of attachments.

Go get the Stripper.  "Try it!  You'll like it!"

Carl