[pmmail-list] header question

Steve Marvin pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Fri, 26 Mar 2004 16:14:01 -0500

Use a combination of a canned reply and a sent filter with
a rexx exit:

canned reply

$cursor$
:ThisIsMyCue:$h.Subject$
$b$

In the reply body, delete the text (ctrl-A, delete),
then select the canned reply. This will insert your
header(s) and the body of the original message placing
the insert cursor at the beginning of the message

In the rexx program that triggers on all sent messages,
look for the line beginning :ThisIsMyCue:, and move it
into the headers out of the body.

You can insert any header of the original message this
way.

The only disadvantage is that you lose quoting and the
line "On ... wrote". You can pick these back up by
doing it yourself in the rexx program. Just surround the
$b$ with something to identify it and then quote it
yourself.