[pmmail-list] header question

Dave Saville pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Fri, 26 Mar 2004 18:44:05 +0000 (GMT)

On Fri, 26 Mar 2004 11:23:54 -0700, James Moe wrote:

>Dave Saville wrote:
>> Are there any header lines that PMMail will copy from a message when
>> replying? I am
>>
>   No. Replies are new messages with a couple of bonus features like adding
>"Re:" to the subject, etc.
>
>> trying to pass some info from the receive exit to the send exit but
>> everything I've tried so far pmm has stripped from the reply.
>>
>   If I understand correctly: a message is received, it triggers a receive
>Rexx function which does something with the headers?.
>   Later a reply triggers the Message Send function which is supposed to get
>the old header info from someplace and add it to the message?

Yes. I was trying to do the opposite of what some have done with
multiple accounts. Ie have one account that holds messages from
others. What I wanted to do was massage the From so that the reply
would appear to come from the address it was sent to. To that end I
had an extra header inserted showing who it was addressed to before
it was bounced to the common address.

--
Regards

Dave Saville