[pmmail-list] Interest in New Edition of PMMail

Walter F. Metcalf pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Mon, 19 Dec 2005 14:51:16 -0500 (EST)

Hello everyone,

VOICE is considering sponsoring an updated and supported version of PMMail for OS/2.

There is the general feeling that a large number of people still use this long-dead email client because is is fast, and feature-rich,
among other reasons.  Possibly others would start using it again if it were updated and supported.

Before VOICE commits to this project, which could be costly and developer-intensive, at least in the short term, we want to get a
slightly better idea of the usage and interest in PMMail for OS/2, so we have created a poll to determine this.

When answering the question about the amount you would be willing to pay for such a product, please  be realistic, and select the
MAXIMUM you could/would be willing to pay.  (Think of the prices indicated as registration fees.)

The poll is located at http://www.os2voice.org/cgi-bin/vpp1.cmd?pollname=pmmail1 .

It would help if you would completely the poll as soon as possible.  However, to make allowance for the busyness of the Christmas
season,  the cutoff date is not until Jan 15, 2006.

If you have questions about the content of the poll, you may contact me at walter dot os2 at rogers dot com.  (Remove the obvious
characters before sending the email.  :-)  )

Developers interested in this project should note that there MIGHT be funds available to pay them.  Nothing has been officially decided yet, however.

Thanks,

Walter F. Metcalf
VOICE Vice-President
Warpdoctor Co-ordinator