[pmmail-list] how to BCC without To:

rooster pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Mon, 14 Feb 2005 14:35:19 +0100

On Mon, 14 Feb 2005 13:41:35 +0100 (CET), R.T. van Ovost wrote:

>On Mon, 14 Feb 2005 12:50:51 +0100, rooster wrote:

>>I normally sent the email to myself and to all bcc's.
>>But 'on the road' I use a DialUp connection via a UMTS/GPRS mobile card(say a mobile
>>phone).
>>And the contract with the provider is volumebased.
>>So I try to lower the traffic as much as possible.
>>And as consequence I try to eliminate the traffic, self caused by sending the email to
me,
>>so protecting the bcc's.

>If sending one (1) email to yourself costs too much, I wonder why you even
>want to send mail by your mobile phone.........
;-)) of course it is more than one in a month....
And the attachments are causing the 'real' traffic.
500 MB/month is fewer that you would believe.
I meanwhile surf some informational sites, with 'no images', which could -oh how glad
am I- be configured in Opera and -how glad am I once again- there are good sites which
can be surfed nearly 'textonly'.

>Anyway the best solution to your wish is to set up a (private) mailing list
>server in your office computer.
>Just send one mail to the list and the list expands the mail to the receivers
>in the list.
>By maintaining several lists you can send to several groups of receivers.

>Any bouncing mail will be handled by your office computer, so no additional
>high mobile fees!
Wow, that's of course a great idea.
Could you add on an additional tip?
I believe there was a thread some long time ago, how to do this with PMMail.
I'll do some research meanwhile, but feel free to assist me.

Finally let me write again, with this awful Outlook, it just works, be leaving the 'to:' empty.

>Ronald.

baba

gerhard