[pmmail-list] Ideas on how to BCC all outgoing email to a fixed address

John Bridges pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Fri, 07 Jan 2005 21:58:10 -0800

On Fri, 07 Jan 2005 02:14:51 -0800, John Bridges wrote:

>I guess I'll see if there is a port of "formail" for Win32, and use the=
 -A
>option to add a BCC: field (or whatever PMMail puts in the outgoing mes=
sage
>before sending). Then call formail in a pre-send filter.

"formail" was the answer.

Sadly the filter list in PMMail is not really plain text, but here is th=
line for my filter:
BCC to
Gmail=DE1=DE0=DE0=DE2=DE<Header>=DEFrom:=DE=A0=DE=A0=DE=A0=DE9;0;m:\mail=
\AddBCC.cmd=DE0;0;=A0=DE0;0;=A0=DE0;0;=A0=DE0;
0;=A0=DE0;0;=A0=DE

Basicly, it says if the pre-outgoing message has "From:" in the header (=
all
messages), then run a little match file called "AddBCC.cmd". This is the=

content for AddBCC.cmd:

formail -A "Bcc: peekpoke@gmail.com" <%1 >tmp
move tmp %1

formail is a free open source program, it's part of the procmail package=
install, just download Cygwin, choose DOS text file format (not Unix), a=
nd
add the Procmail package (it's under the Mail catagory). I also added th=
c:\cygwin\bin directory to my PATH so it could find the formail program
without putting the path on the formail filename.

Works great!