[pmmail-list] Ideas on how to BCC all outgoing email to a fixed address

John Bridges pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Fri, 07 Jan 2005 02:14:51 -0800

On Fri, 07 Jan 2005 10:11:25 +0100 (CET), Guillaume Gay wrote:

>Just a thought - I might be wrong - but why not using a filter - manual or
>not - on outgoing (Post-Send) mail(s) that would:
> - search "from" for the account you're sending the message from
> - "bounce message" to your GMail account
> - "Stop filtering" (just in case ?)
>
>I guess this would do what you want (i.e. send the messages you've already
>sent via one account to another account) rather automagically.
>
>Have a nice day.

That's similar to what I do now.

I say if the outgoing is from me, and is not addressed to my address at gmail
(so that it doesn't keep bouncing), then bounce it to the gmail address.

But when I do that, unlike the BCC, the To: address is wrong, it's my gmail
address instead of the real To: address, and the CC: addresses are lost.

I guess I'll see if there is a port of "formail" for Win32, and use the -A
option to add a BCC: field (or whatever PMMail puts in the outgoing message
before sending). Then call formail in a pre-send filter.