[pmmail-list] Exporting fromm PMM to Outlook?

Sorin Srbu pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Tue, 08 Mar 2005 14:28:56 +0100

On Tue, 8 Mar 2005 04:56:28 -0800, Don Buska wrote:

>I too would be interested in such a conversion.  I have many-many years
>worth of PM Mail I'd love to convert over.  I still use PMMAIL for my
>private accounts on both OS/2 and W2K.  Like Sorin we have recently started
>migrating the servers here at work to WIN2003 Servers.  No NetBeui on these
>babies and since OS/2 has lagged so far behind in the networking arena I
>will no longer be able to use it here at work much, except for standalone
>and general internet stuff.

Just spoke to the former unix-admin at our dept, and we discussed
how a migration may be doable:

As you might know, all mails in Pmm are single messages in clear
text. We were discussing whether all those single files couldn't be
concatenated into a big single file (one file per mailfolder), then
renamed to mailbox.mbx, and in import that file into Outlook. We
thought tjhis might definetly work, but needs testing on
non-critical mails first.

I'll try this soon, and get back to this list.

If there aren't any spcial tools for this out there, the aboe way
may be worth trying.

HTH.

BW,

Sorin