[pmmail-list] Exporting fromm PMM to Outlook?

Paul Ratcliffe pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Wed, 09 Mar 2005 00:12:06 +0000 (GMT)

On Tue, 8 Mar 2005 11:51:14 -0800, Don Buska wrote:

>I'm confused.  I've always been under the impression that NETBIOS and
>NETBEUI were essentially the same.  MS calls it NETBEUI and IBM calls
it
>NETBIOS.

For the purposes of this discussion, this is true.

>You can have NETBIOS (MPTS) over TCPIP (TCPIP) on the OS/2 side
>and NETBEUI on the server side and all works fine for file services.

No, no, no. These are different protocols. They do not talk.

>I've done it for years.

Not as described you haven't, because it doesn't work.

>I may have both NETBIOS and NETBIOS over TCPIP running,
>but some say the NETBIOS alone really isn't needed.

On which end? If the windoze end, then the only protocol common to both
machines is Netbios over TCP/IP. Netbios would have been unused. So why
is the loss of it at the server end a problem?

>My problem is I no
>longer have NETBEUI on the server side with their new WIN2003 servers.

But you didn't say you had it installed on OS/2. So, presumably you
were previously using Netbeui on both ends? In which case, if you have
now lost access then, there is something wrong with your Netbios over
TCP/IP setup on OS/2.

>So my OS/2 machine will no longer see the drive/folders/files on the
server.

So setup a common protocol that both ends have. This should be Netbios
over TCP/IP on BOTH ends.

>My problem is with NETBEUI gone from the WIN servers OS/2 is no longer
>viable client in the MS world.

This is blatantly untrue and I really resent comments like this.

I suspect you are somewhat confused as to what you've got installed
where and how it's been working. Speculating further at this stage is
pointless.