[pmmail-list] Exporting fromm PMM to Outlook?

L.Willms pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Thu, 10 Mar 2005 11:04:03 +0100 (MEZ)

On Wed, 9 Mar 2005 14:32:34 +0100, Sorin Srbu wrote:

> Maybe I should the mails to our former unix-admin and let him have a
go at them with his SGIs and perl... 8-}

   The proper way would be with Windows Scripting, using VBA (Visual
Basic for Applications), and for access to the PMMail address books and
folders the File System Object.

   It would be interesting, but I do myself not really want to help
migration away from PMMail... and if, then rather to The Bat!
(http://www.ritlabs.com) than to Microsoft.

   Well, what I might be interested in, is a bidirectional
synchronization between MS Outlook and PMMail or my own database
application.

   I thought about writing directly to a PST-File (Personal Folders
file), but I understand that the file format is kept secret by
Microsoft.

   Besides, "exporting" from PMMail is not really possible, since the
emails are stored as raw messages in the same form, as they are handed
over by the email servers, each and every message as a file by itself.

   The address book can be exported into a simple CSV file (or other
formats, using my little utility on OS/2), and the format of the
FOLDER.BAG, i.e. the folder index file is also not so difficult.

Yours,
Lüko Willms
Frankfurt/Main