[pmmail-list] Exporting fromm PMM to Outlook?

Allan McLane pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Fri, 11 Mar 2005 10:56:04 -0500

Well, I am not inclined to do this for myself because I don't need to use Outlook and I have about 600Mb in 11K messages but I did try it to see if the concept is valid...

I downloaded the shareware program Winmail Mail server from http://www.magicwinmail.net/

Once that was running I dumped a bunch of PMMail .msg files into an account INBOX that had been created by the mail server.

Last, I ran Outlook, and POP'ed 127.0.0.1 to access the mailserver. All the files I had dropped into the server were brought in by Outlook just fine.

Problems, for me:

I would have to use Outlook.
I would have to recreate my mail folder structure and filtering rules.
It seemed like a slow process.
I would have to use Outlook.

But, FWIW, it does work. No, I have no connection or interest in that mail server program. There may be other mailservers that work better but this one seems to be fully enabled for trial use.

73

--allan