[pmmail-list] alright, I've had enough ...

Rod Whitworth pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Tue, 17 May 2005 22:54:06 +1000

On Tue, 17 May 2005 14:16:00 +0200, Sorin Srbu wrote:

>> in with Sendmail or that horrible UW crap.

>Ok, you lost me at UW. What's UW?

 Well the UW crap is UW-IMAP (or UW-FTPD) written at University of
Washington. It has figured strongly in security alerts over the years.

Interestingly I had to help out an ISP with some webmail probs by phone
last week and I asked what IMAP it was accessing. He looked up the
process and found it was called imap-2001a-18 and I tracked that to UW
who seem to be wary of putting the UW on the front now - or maybe the
HatRed people wanted to make it look safer.

>> Take care!

> You too!

Damn right! It's hard to kill old OS/2 instructors. 8-))