[pmmail-list] alright, I've had enough ...

Sorin Srbu pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Tue, 17 May 2005 15:04:00 +0200

lists@blueprintsoftwareworks.com <> sez on Tuesday, May 17, 2005 2:54
PM:

>>> in with Sendmail or that horrible UW crap.
>
>> Ok, you lost me at UW. What's UW?
>
>  Well the UW crap is UW-IMAP (or UW-FTPD) written at University of
> Washington. It has figured strongly in security alerts over the years.

Oh, *that* UW. Are those UWash ftpd etc still around?? And ppl use them
still? Geez... Speaking about old hat, and quite possibly of unnecessary
security risks... 8-)

> Interestingly I had to help out an ISP with some webmail probs by
> phone last week and I asked what IMAP it was accessing. He looked up
> the process and found it was called imap-2001a-18 and I tracked that
> to UW who seem to be wary of putting the UW on the front now - or
> maybe the HatRed people wanted to make it look safer.
>
>>> Take care!
>
>> You too!
>
> Damn right! It's hard to kill old OS/2 instructors. 8-))

<wide grin> Yeah, those were the days, or something to that effect. ;-)