[pmmail-list] alright, I've had enough ...

Xav pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Tue, 17 May 2005 13:55:22 +0100

Hello Sorin,

Monday, May 16, 2005, 8:21:35 AM, you wrote:

> lists@blueprintsoftwareworks.com <> sez on Saturday, May 14, 2005 7:31
> PM:

>>> Thanks Xav, but The Bat seems to only run on Windows?  We've pretty
>>> gotten rid of all Windows - PMMAIL is one of the last things, and
>>> now that I'm kicking that habit, there is very little left that
>>> won't run on Linux.  Can't start introducing something new at this
>>> point.
>>
>> Ah, I thought you were running Windows and PMMail for Windows.  Yes
>> the Bat runs on Windows only AFAIK.  Very configurable though and
>> unlike one of my all time favourites (PMMail) it is still under active
>> development.

> AFAIK it's now payware for all versions. Wasn't The Bat home ed free
> some time ago??

No idea.  But I paid for PMMail (both OS/2 and WIndows versions) and I
have no problem (i.e. disinclination to )paying for the Bat.  That way (hopefully) development
continues.  I have been able to configure it just like I have PMMail
for folders and accounts and filters.  IMAP use is also there (though
still in development and some users have problems - some don't).

--
Best regards,
 Xav                            mailto:xav@glenmere.com