[pmmail-list] alright, I've had enough ...

Sorin Srbu pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Tue, 17 May 2005 15:26:55 +0200

lists@blueprintsoftwareworks.com <> sez on Tuesday, May 17, 2005 2:55
PM:

>>> Ah, I thought you were running Windows and PMMail for Windows.  Yes
>>> the Bat runs on Windows only AFAIK.  Very configurable though and
>>> unlike one of my all time favourites (PMMail) it is still under
>>> active development.
>
>> AFAIK it's now payware for all versions. Wasn't The Bat home ed free
>> some time ago??
>
> No idea.  But I paid for PMMail (both OS/2 and WIndows versions) and I
> have no problem (i.e. disinclination to )paying for the Bat.  That
> way (hopefully) development continues.

Judging from how BPSW has handled paying customers so far, I wouldn't
bet my life on this for Ritlabs either... 8-/

>I have been able to configure
> it just like I have PMMail
> for folders and accounts and filters.  IMAP use is also there (though
> still in development and some users have problems - some don't).

I've decided (more or less reluctantly) to stay with Big Stable Company
software only, in the name of Continuity. I know it's stab in the back
for smaller companies, but that's where matters stand. I cannot afford
(neither personally, nor in my work) to rely on companies that just
sever most or all support and/or development, no matter how good the
software in question is. This is sadly how OS/2 was treated by IBM, and
how PMM by BPSW.

PMM for instance still works fine and won't suddenly stop working, just
because BPSW doesn't develop it anymore 8-), but time has passed it now,
water under the bridge and so on, and I need some features that just
aren't good enough in PMM, or not available at all.

And I still miss how quick PMM is, as opposed to my current Outlook
2000...