[pmmail-list] nasty bug in pmmail for OS/2

Reinhard Forster rf at micro-forster.de
Wed Apr 19 00:32:23 MEST 2006

On Tue, 18 Apr 2006 22:16:42 +0200 (CEST), Maurice Guéron wrote:

> I found this bug which has caused suffering around here. Suppose I
> send a toto.doc file as an attachment. If I send it to another
> OS/2 computer using pmmail, he gets everything ok. But if I send
> it to a windows machine, using for instance thunderbird or outlook
> express, that person opens the message and finds the attached file
> in the message itself rather than as an attachment!

Tell the window people to switch off inline display of attachments. Windows
seems to grab the doc extension to do strange things with.

If your attachments arrive well on OS/2 machines, it means that the email
itself is set up properly. PMMail (or OS/2) should not be blamed for
ill-behaving "operating systems"

Ade!

Reinhard