[pmmail-list] nasty bug in pmmail for OS/2

Reinhard Forster rf at micro-forster.de
Thu Apr 20 19:21:55 MEST 2006

On Wed, 19 Apr 2006 08:44:01 +0200 (CEST), Maurice Guéron wrote:

Hi Maurice!

> Reinhard, Thanks for your prompt response. Have you run into this
> problem? It's hard to pin-point the culprit in cases like this. Does

I had a similar problem with attached PDF files: the attachments were
indicated in the corresponding line in Outlook Express (on Win 2000),
but it wasn't possible to open them  (although Thunderbird worked
fine). After disabling the "display inline" (or something like this),
PDF attachments could be saved (to the desktop) and opened there. I'm
not sure whether the inline display really was the cause of the
problem, but at least it was involved.

> the same problem occur in  mail exchange between windows computers?
> Do you know how to "switch off inline display of attachments"? In
> what Windows program(s) should this be done?

I think it's somewhere in the Outlook Express options, but I don't know
for sure.

> And on the OS/2 side, should something be planned for future versions
> (!) of this great pmmail?

I don't think there's any more development on PM Mail for OS/2 ...?

Regards

Reinhard