[pmmail-list] pmmail OS/2 crashes

Reinhard Forster rf at micro-forster.de
Fri May 19 12:35:12 MEST 2006

On Thu, 18 May 2006 10:48:16 +0100 (BST), Dave Saville wrote:

> PMMail for OS/2 has been working here flawlessly for longer than I
> can remember. In the last few days it has started going POOF with a
> popuplog.os2 entry in pmmail.exe, which is probably not worth posting
> here. :-(

Since some weeks I also notice a strange behavior of PMMail: now and
then it just vanishes, but without leaving any trace in the
POPUPLOG.OS2 - just as if someone had pressed the F3 key for exit.

This started after I added a new volume (out of previously unused disk
space) to my system and re-arranged a number of files and directories.

> Some of the time I am not even in any of its windows when it happens.
>
> This is on ECS 1.14 at a fix level of around last November. The
> *only* change recently has been a switch from seamonkey to firefox.
> Even that seemed OK at first but it *seems* to have got worse with
> the addition of the info RSS extension to FF. Although I cannot see
> why that should have any effect.

Are you using XWorkplace? I suspect that "the system" (eCS + XWP +
whatever) is becoming more and more unstable as one installes and
de-installs applications.

Ade

Reinhard