[pmmail-list] Sending mail via comcast.net

Steve (Home) steve at qmss.com
Sun Nov 5 18:35:12 CET 2006

Sunday, November 5, 2006, 10:10:24 AM, Jack wrote:

> When I try to send mail via comcast.net from
> the eCS side I get an error and the error log entry is:

> 503 need MAIL FROM; <name at domain> ; This is the error that resulted from the RCPT TO command.

I work at an ISP, and have noticed that comcast.net (and aol.com) have tightened their DNS checking-- that the reverse lookup of the sending IP matches the corresponding A record: 69.24.35.6 --> cumbrae.qmss.com --> 69.24.35.6.  They'll reject it, otherwise.

Some providers also don't care for generic reverse lookups that may be a dialup/DSL: 69-24-35-6-dsl.qmss.com

This does not match the error you are getting, but I thought I'd throuw it out there.

--
Steve Ewing
http://www.qmss.com/~sewing