[pmmail-list] New to PMMail 200

Jack Weaver jackw at attglobal.net
Sun Sep 17 04:13:30 MEST 2006

I am trying to migrate my mail handling from PMMail/2 to PMMail 2000 (2.20.2717) and I have a few questions that I
need help with.

Presently I make extensive use of PMMail's filters and OS/2 Rexx in handling the e-mail traffic related to the website that
I run (http://fanac.org) and I am hoping to be able to migrate them from the Rexx under OS/2 to Regina Rexx under XP.
Currently both versions PMMail reside in a shared FAT 32 partition (using FAT32..INF under OS/2).  When I made a
change to one of my filters and hit the OK button I got the following error message

Filter Definition Message

(11) ERROR - Unknown field specifier (SIZE) in the Whole Message Search (M.SIZE>"10')

The documentation clearly states that "The only recognized Field for the Message Tag is Size..." and the filter works in
PMMail/2.  Is this a bug?

Also am I being overly optimistic when I expect that PMMail 200 will be able to initiate Reina Rexx programs via its hooks
booth in the filters and the Account properties.  There is nothing in Help regarding Rexx.

Finally in PMMAIl/2 you can hit Ctrl-/ to highlight the entire contents of a message window or you can drag the mouse
over a part of a window to highlight selected messages.  This doesn't seem to work in PMMail 200 so is there an
alternative way to do these things?

Thanks for any and all help.

Jack Weaver				Webmaster
The Fanac Fan History Project		http://fanac.org/