[pmmail-list] New to PMMail 200

Richard Beeson Richardelli at earthlink.net
Mon Sep 18 04:23:29 MEST 2006

Jack, I did the migration a long time ago, so my memory is fuzzy. I think I set all my filters from scratch in PM Mail 2000. I didn't try to migrate anything but the
address book from OS/2. Since I'm no longer running OS/2, I don't have any need for the filters to work with both operating systems. Can't help you on that
one.

You can hit Ctrl-A to select all the text in a message. That works for other Windows apps as well. Selecting partial text by dragging the mouse should work; it
works fine for me, in PM Mail 2000 as in other windows programs. If it's not working for you, maybe you should check your mouse settings.

Richard

On Sat, 16 Sep 2006 22:13:30 -0400, Jack Weaver wrote:

>I am trying to migrate my mail handling from PMMail/2 to PMMail 2000 (2.20.2717) and I have a few questions that I
>need help with.

>Presently I make extensive use of PMMail's filters and OS/2 Rexx in handling the e-mail traffic related to the website that
>I run (http://fanac.org) and I am hoping to be able to migrate them from the Rexx under OS/2 to Regina Rexx under XP.
>Currently both versions PMMail reside in a shared FAT 32 partition (using FAT32..INF under OS/2).  When I made a
>change to one of my filters and hit the OK button I got the following error message

>Filter Definition Message

>(11) ERROR - Unknown field specifier (SIZE) in the Whole Message Search (M.SIZE>"10')

>The documentation clearly states that "The only recognized Field for the Message Tag is Size..." and the filter works in
>PMMail/2.  Is this a bug?

>Also am I being overly optimistic when I expect that PMMail 200 will be able to initiate Reina Rexx programs via its hooks
>booth in the filters and the Account properties.  There is nothing in Help regarding Rexx.

>Finally in PMMAIl/2 you can hit Ctrl-/ to highlight the entire contents of a message window or you can drag the mouse
>over a part of a window to highlight selected messages.  This doesn't seem to work in PMMail 200 so is there an
>alternative way to do these things?

>Thanks for any and all help.

>Jack Weaver				Webmaster
>The Fanac Fan History Project		http://fanac.org/