[pmmail-list] Folder sorting issue

Richard Beeson Richardelli at earthlink.net
Fri Nov 9 01:01:29 CET 2007

I just checked this. The main folders and subfolders alphabtetize properly in the Move/Copy window in my PMMail, and I just added a lot of new subfolders. If
you look at the list immediately after adding a folder, it will show the most recently added folder last. If you close and reopen the program, the folders will be
alphabetized. However, keying the first letter in a move/copy list only takes you to a higher-lever folder (inbox, sent, etc), not to subfolders a level lower. I just
use the mouse.

On Wed, 07 Nov 2007 23:31:53 +0700, Jeffrey Race wrote:

>Oddity here: Folder names appear alphabetically as expected in left pane of PMMail
>2000 for Windows, and keying a letter brings me to the first instance of that letter
>as the initial letter of a folder name; successive key presses bring me to successive
>so-initialed folders.

>The problem occurs when I use the 'move to folder' function for a highlighted
>message; the Select folder window opens   but the folders are ordered in a strange
>way: alphabetically for (IIRC) the initial install; then in order of folder creation date for
>folders created after I moved PMMail to a new drive when old one failed.   Keying the
>first letter successively for some letters does not bring me through the
>complete list if so-initialled folders.

>How can I force the Select folder list to alphabetize?

>Jeffrey Race

Richard Beeson
Richardelli at earthlink.net