[pmmail-list] PMMail WInXP+Vista future as open source

Michael Lueck mlueck at lueckdatasystems.com
Fri Nov 9 21:13:37 CET 2007

Ben Stover wrote:
> Otherwise PMMail will we die silently.

I used the Perl scripts to migrate from PMMail on Windows over to ThunderBird about the time that 2.0 was officially releasing.

Yes, it is certainly not PMMail.

However, I was able to eliminate POPFile, have an encrypted connection to the server, and decent ability to deal with the HTML emails folks insist on sending.

As an added bonus, now my email is portable between Windows, Linux, and even OS/2 if I ever wanted to.

So I am thinking of switching to Ubuntu (7.10) and running FF / TB and Parallels which is a VM environment which is capable of booting (among other things) Windows to run the rest of the apps that are
not available in a native Linux version, and eCS just for old times sake.

FireFTP add-on for Firefox eliminated my GUI FTP client need, and is cross platform as well.

Cross platform, cross platform, cross platform... that is my platform, cross platform!

--
Michael Lueck
Lueck Data Systems